- Smart Irrigation Timers
- Large Rotary Spray Nozzles
- Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles
- Drip Irrigation
- Soil Moisture Sensors
- In-stem Flow Regulators
- Turf Removal
- Funding is limited. Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participants must obtain a rebate reservation for a qualifying device PRIOR to purchase and installation of devices.
- Only water agency customers who own or manage commercial, institutional and industrial facilities may request a reservation using the online reservation form at SoCal WaterSmart.
- Phone reservations are no longer accepted.
- After obtaining a reservation, participants must purchase and install the device, and submit the complete application with supporting documentation, including proof of purchase. The application and documentation must be postmarked within 45 days of purchase to be eligible.
- Only original receipts will be accepted as proof of purchase.
- Some devices or products may no longer be eligible for a rebate, and rebate amounts are subject to change. Please check SoCal WaterSmart for the latest information on qualifying devices and products, and rebate amounts.
- Only devices purchased after September 21, 2009, with a confirmed reservation, are eligible for rebate. Purchases made prior to this date are ineligible for rebates.
- Additional information can also be obtained directly from the OC WaterSmart website.
Yorba Linda Water District is offering rebates through the Municipal Water District of Orange County (MWDOC) to commercial customers who replace their conventional irrigation controller with a “Smart” Irrigation Controller, also known as a Weather-based Irrigation Controller or ET Controller.
A Smart Irrigation Controller will automatically adjust the watering schedule according to your plants’ actual water needs using information such as local weather conditions, plant type, and soil moisture. This can result in significant water savings, typically 30% or more!
The rebate for commercial properties is $35 per station. Only a limited number will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible customers. All applications will be reviewed to determine eligibility. Controllers purchased before an application is approved will not be eligible for a rebate.
Please visit SoCal WaterSmart for the most current list of rebate-eligible devices.
High Efficiency Rotary Nozzles provide a healthier and greener turf while saving both water and energy.
Large Rotary Nozzles are an ideal solution for large landscapes such as golf courses, parks and schools. They can be used for either long-range or close-up watering. Compared to traditional plastic nozzles, metal High Efficiency Nozzles apply water more slowly and distribute it more uniformly. This allows water to penetrate deeper into the soil and prevents over-watering, which could result in an annual water savings of up to 6.5%.
Large Rotary Nozzles are eligible for a rebate of $13 per set.
Rotating sprinkler nozzles use up to 20% less water than standard sprinkler heads by distributing water more slowly and uniformly to your lawn and plants. This gives the water and nutrients time to penetrate the soil deeply, giving you a healthier landscape without waste. The multi-trajectory, rotating streams of water resist being misdirected by wind and are less likely to mist. Additionally, more effective spray pattern options and better adjustments reduce overspray to ensure that all the water emitted gets applied to your landscape, not the sidewalk or the street.
Commercial customers are eligible for a rebate of $2 (or more) per nozzle, with a 30-nozzle minimum.
You may only claim rebates one time for nozzles and you will need to wait until all rotating nozzles have been installed before submitting your rebate application in order to receive the full rebate amount. Additionally, you must include a copy of the sales receipt(s) in your submission that details the total quantity purchased.
Please visit SoCal WaterSmart for a list of rebate-eligible rotating nozzles.
Drip irrigation systems utilize point emitters to deliver water only to specific locations at or near plant root zones. Drip irrigation greatly reduces water loss due to wind and evaporation because water is discharged directly onto or below the surface of the soil. It also eliminates wasteful overspray onto sidewalks and other impermeable surfaces.
Drip irrigation systems can be customized for a wide variety of plants in large or small areas.
Through the MWDOC Spray to Drip Rebate Program, commercial sites may be able to receive $0.20 per square foot of converted area, with a maximum of 45,000 square feet per customer. A minimum of 250 square feet of irrigated area must be converted to drip irrigation. In addition, for each kit, a minimum of 250 square feet must be converted. (For example, if installing one kit, the converted area must be a minimum of 250 square feet. If installing two kits, the minimum converted area must be 500 square feet. For three kits, the minimum converted area must be 750 square feet.)
The installed drip irrigation equipment must be listed on the Eligible Products List. Only drip irrigation equipment on the list, as evidenced by the submission of a purchase receipt, will be eligible to receive a rebate. Microspray, point source emitters, and drippers are not rebate eligible under the program. The conversion must replace standard spray irrigation with drip irrigation.
The Spray to Drip Rebate Program is currently accepting applications on a wait list basis only.
- In order to be eligible, you must first receive approval for your project from MWDOC. Once you submit an application, wait until you receive a "Notice to Proceed" email before purchasing or installing equipment. Projects started prior to moving to active status and receipt of the Project Approval email will not be funded.
- All application submittals must include a simple site plan of the area to be removed.
- You will have 60 days from the date of the Notice to Proceed to complete the work.
- You must email the Program Administrator to schedule a mandatory post-inspection.
- After the post-inspection has been completed, your rebate check will be mailed to you within ten weeks.
Soil moisture sensors have been shown to reduce outdoor water use by up to 70% without sacrificing the health of your landscape. They work by measuring the amount of moisture in the active root zones of lawns and plants, helping to ensure that the right amount of water is added at the right time. A measurement is taken before each scheduled irrigation event and the irrigation controller bypasses the scheduled run cycle if the soil moisture is above a certain threshold.
Customers are eligible for a rebate of $35 per station for all commercial properties.
To be eligible, soil moisture sensor systems must include a sensor and a calibrator (these are typically packaged together in the same device) and an irrigation controller. Irrigation supply houses throughout Orange County (such as Ewing, Hydroscape and Imperial) carry rebate-eligible controllers. Click here to view a list of qualified products.
In-stem flow regulators control water flow in the irrigation system at the sprinkler head, giving you complete control of every sprinkler in your system. The flow regulator valves give you flexibility, efficiency and water savings that are an ideal solution for parks, schools, office complexes, golf courses and other commercial irrigation applications.
Commercial customers are eligible for a rebate of $1 per regulator.
Irrigation supply houses throughout Orange County (such as Ewing, Hydroscape, and Imperial) carry rebate-eligible controllers. Click here for a list of rebate-eligible in-stem flow regulators.
At this time, all current funding for the OC Water Smart Turf Removal Program administered by the Municipal Water District of Orange County is fully committed. Customers may apply for the waitlist at Turf Removal Waitlist.
*** Projects that are underway or are already completed will not qualify for this program.***